08 April, 2012

Day 15 - Wake Up!

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today." -Lou Holtz

The quote above inspired me to write this post.

I just arrived from the retreat I attended entitled TOTAL! The Secret of Big Returns.  It was a three-day retreat organized by the Light of Jesus Community intended for the Lenten Season.  Today the topic focused on giving one's talent and treasure.  And all I can say is that the timing of this talk could not be more perfect.

For the past months, I felt that my dreams had been put to sleep.  For some reason, I felt that the fulfillment of my dreams resided on some distant unreachable star.  And for days I lived with a numb heart.  It has always been like this whenever routine would catch up on me.  And I would be left hoping for a breakthrough to create a change in the monotony.

I have always been a firm believer of pursuing one's dream and passion and I think that is the reason why whenever I would feel that I am losing that burning desire in my heart, I would really be bothered and greatly depressed.  One of the biggest dream that I have is for me to be able to realize my full potential.  Through that I know I would be able to serve my life's purpose, serve God and bless as much people as I can.  The Lord granted me with so many talents which I can use to prosper myself and others.  However, right now, I feel that I am not maximizing all these talents.  I could feel that I have a lot more to offer to the world.

In the talk I attended today, Bro. George Gabriel mentioned that there are two reasons why people say "no" to God or why some would opt to stay in their comfort zone and choose not to showcase their God-given talents.  First reason is that they feel they are ungifted.  I could very much relate on this one.  For most of the missed opportunities that I have, I would say that it could greatly be associated with my insecurity.  Growing up, I did not feel that I am gifted enough.  I would often compare myself to others and end up finding out how much they are better than me.  The second reason given was that people feel they are unworthy.  There were countless times that I felt unworthy of God's blessings.  As I already said before, it has not been always easy for me to forgive myself.

This Lent I want to change the habit of feeling ungifted and unworthy.  Deep inside me, I know I am meant for greater things.  The world is eagerly waiting to see what talents I can offer.  And God's love is enough to serve as a fuel to energize me to finally realize my potentials.  For God is my courage, strength and inspiration.

My dreams took a long unexpected sleep.  But as the Lord rose on Easter, my dreams shall again wake up. And through God's grace, it will come to completion.



PS The metal cross above was given to me by Sister Mel, a missionary of Singles for Christ, also on the day of the retreat.  I believe that it was a gift from God.  It is His way of telling me that He believes in me and in my dreams.  And whenever I would see this cross I would always be reminded of that.

Thank you, Lord.  I shall forever be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment