05 March, 2012

Day 12 - Peace

This would just be a very quick post.  I just feel very excited and happy right now and I can't wait to share to you why.

I couldn't exactly describe how I am feeling but if I were to sum it up in one word, I would say its "peace".  Years ago, I would not be able to imagine myself being in this state as I was buried in debt, living a lifestyle more than which I can afford, and unsurprisingly not being able to save.  That was me in the early two years of my corporate career.  And this state of "peace" that I have in my heart, back then, remained only as a dream.

I am thankful that I was able to surpass that moment in my life and, of course, now that I am in a very much comfortable state.

Right now, I just couldn't contain the excitement as I started to ride another vehicle which will eventually bring me to the happy millionaires' land.  During the past months, I have two major leaps and these are:

1. I started investing in the Stock Market! - Oh yeah! I never knew how fantastic it felt until I bought the first shares I now have for long-term investment.  The feeling was surreal.  What once just a dream for me was now a reality.  If you may have noticed, it took me months to decide before I bought my first stocks.  Why?  Because of fear.  I must admit that I am very much a control freak.  And it scares the hell out of me if you would tell me to invest on something that I completely do not understand.  That explains why I did not easily jump on stock market investing.  And analysis-paralysis made it worse.  For months, I searched for materials and seminars which could increase my knowledge on the matter.

I was not able to convince myself to invest until...

2.  I joined the Truly Rich Club! - Its an online membership community organized by Bo Sanchez which helps people to understand long-term investing on stock market.  Indeed, the information I got from this helped me to jumpstart my stock market investment.  It provided me the information that I need from how to go about creating my account up to buying my first stocks online.  And I'm looking forward to more meaningful information that I will get from Bro. Bo as I continue investing.

The old Filipino phrase "Magtanim ay 'di biro" is undoubtedly true.  It would entail great amount of effort, suffering and discipline.  But never did anybody tell me that its also fun and exciting!  Most especially when you visualize the fruits that you'll reap come harvest time.  Oh, isn't it such a wonderful idea to retire as a millionaire?

PS.  If you are interested to know more about the Truly Rich Club, please click on the image that appears at the left side of this blog.  God bless. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment