05 September, 2011

Day 9 - Disturb Me

Earlier in the Feast, we read a prayer by Sir Francis Drake to put emphasis on the good things that come from letting your life be disturbed by the Lord.  Let me share it with you.

Disturb us, Lord, when
We are too well pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we have dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.

Disturb us, Lord, when
With the abundance of things we possess
We have lost our thirst
For the waters of life;
Having fallen in love with life,
We have ceased to dream of eternity
And in our efforts to build a new earth,
We have allowed our vision
Of the new Heaven to dim.

Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wider seas
Where storms will show your mastery;
Where losing sight of land,
We shall find the stars.

We ask You to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push into the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.

The poem was basically about moving out of one's comfort zone to achieve greater things in life.  The Feast series this month was entitled "Heroes" and the first talk focused on being a hero by letting yourself be disturbed by the Lord to reach out to serve more people.  Serving most of the time requires us to sacrifice and to live out of the comfortable territory.  It may sound ironic but I know you would agree with me if I say that most of the time, it is only through serving others without expecting anything in return that we get to satisfy certain emptiness in our hearts.

I already had let God disturbed me for many times in my life, and just recently, when He called me to serve and to teach, I willingly obliged.  Though I could not still  quite attest that I am very much willing to live out of my comfort zone I would like to think that little by little I am learning to let go of my fears and just embrace the fullness of living.  

So right now, I would like to encourage you to let God disturb you.  Let Him take control.  And witness how the Lord would use your hands to create great miracles.

PS
I am also giving you the privilege to disturb me.  Be it a problem you would like to talk about, a story you would love to share or some assistance you need on your projects or tasks, disturb me and let me offer what I can.  God bless us always.

8 comments:

  1. Nako, he has disturbed me a lot. Haha. Nice post, deep and simple.

    San ka sa Marikina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yas haha. thanks. sa may parang ako. ikaw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ang nice naman ng blog mo sir!! share your blessing! namamasko po!!!!!!!! weeeeeee! heheheh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lei thanks! hehe. ang aga mo naman mag-celebrate ng pasko! tagal pa kaya. haha. :-) i loved your blog too. keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share your blessing Sir. Mamigay ka ng mga pananamit na makabuluhan gaya ng damit na suot ko.. Tara damitan mo ako! - aw

    ReplyDelete
  6. @shirt.quote.toh nice idea for a shirt! i'll definitely have a shirt made for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. salamat sa pagbisita sa aking mumunting tambayan sir. looking forward for your email. =)

    In-update ko rin yung post para makita nyo rin yung quality ng cloth at yung uri ng cloth paint na ginagamit.

    Personally made yung mga shirts na yun sir!

    tah! tah!

    ReplyDelete