14 May, 2012

Day 17 - New Habits, New You

For the past weeks, I have been trying my very best to develop new and healthier habits and at the same time get rid of destructive ones.  I could say that as of present, I have been successful in keeping up with these new habits I chose to imbibe.

Just to let you know, for months now, I was able to religiously pay my tithes and myself (through investments in stocks and mutual funds) first before I pay my expenses.  That way, I know I would be able to meet my financial objective in no time.

Also, two weeks ago, I started to embark on the habit of jogging every afternoon (before my shift at work) to keep my self physically fit.  One day when I noticed that I could not fit on my favorite clothes anymore, I likewise realized that there would be lesser and lesser clothes available for me if I would carry on with my unhealthy diet (sweets, junk food, excessive meat and lack of sleep).  And so, I decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle.  From then on, I also tried to avoid eating too much meat and instead increased my fresh fruits and vegetables intake.  So far, I'm totally enjoying it!

So how do you successfully throw away some of your bad habits and adopt really good ones?  Here are some guidelines I follow and which you might also be interested in.

1. It is not the HOW, but the WHY.  I don't know if you have heard this before but the moment I first heard this message (and its just very recent) it changed my perspective on adopting new habits.  Most of the time, we think that in order for us to achieve great results, we must adhere to some tried-and-tested formula.  But let me tell you this.  Without a powerful why (or cause), you won't be able to completely reach your goal.  A burning desire fueled by a powerful why is one sure formula to success.

2. Focus on th END result.  Small defeats would always come your way.  From time to time, you would experience failure.  But that does not have to stop you from reaching your goal.  Failures should only make you stronger.  It should only make you realize how badly you want to succeed in adopting a healthier habit.  Always visualize the end result.  So whenever you experience failure, replay your vision in mind and, oce again, rise up.

3. STICK to your game.  Repetition is the key whenever you desire to adopt a new habit.  Repeat whatever it is that you want your body to imbibe until it becomes automatic.

4. CELEBRATE each successful day.  When I say celebrate it doesn't mean that you let yourself go back to your bad habits for a while and just carry on with the new habits the following day.  I don't believe on cheat days.  I believe that the reason it was called a "cheat day" is because you are giving yourself the opportunity to cheat YOURSELF.  Isn't that crazy?  Who in this earth would like his self to be cheated by himself?  Anyway, celebrate in a good way!  Thank the Lord for every successful chance to carry out a healthier habit.

I hope these tips will help you out in uprooting destructive habits and replacing them with good, positive and wealth-attracting ones.  I will definitely update you of how successful I am in adopting my own healthier habits.

'Til next time.  God bless, people. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment